MS1819 lipase, Phase IIa
- Non-systemic, yeast derived recombinant enzyme
- Oral non-systemic capsule for treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) in patients with chronic pancreatitis (CP) and cystic fibrosis (CF)
- Demonstrates superior in vitro characteristics (i.e. high potency, activity in long chain fats, stability in protease and bile salt environments), eliminates pork viral contamination risk
- Phase IIa in vivo safety and efficacy profile shows promise to improve on standard porcine-derived therapy
AZX1103 beta lactamases, preclinical
- Oral, non-systemic medicine to act locally in the GI tract to prevent nosocomial (hospital-acquired) infections by resistant bacterial strains induced by parenteral administration of β-lactam antibiotics.